We don’t have many recipes this week since we bought the HP Universe candy. We chose to try out the series favorites in honor of Harry’s introduction to candy with Ron on the train to Hogwarts. To novel readers, I think the Unicorn Blood reference is obvious enough it needs no explanation. Each kind of candy we tried this month were delicious, and also surprising in their own way.
- Peppermint Imps-Hard candy, not gummys!
- Exploding Bon Bons- contain pop rocks
- Recommended by He-Man
- Chocolate Frogs-Crunchy
- Bertie Bots-just all around like Russian Roulette
- Candy Slugs- you might fight a bitch for the pear…
- Anya would buy them all the time if they sold them in grocery stores
- Actual quote by He-Man: “I mean… the slugs were pretty dank”
I’ll be honest… This was kind of a trial and error, so I don’t know the exact measurements. The recipe that follows is a good base. Add more or less of the ingredients to taste, according to your preferences.
- Two cups of white rum
- One bottle of Procecco
- Two cans of ginger ale
- A tablespoon of honey
- Simple syrup to taste
- Simple syrup is equal parts sugar and water, boiled
- Finish with baking pearl dust
- Use a spoon to swirl to get best glittery effect
- Note: a few drops of lemon juice might add to this recipe the jolt it needs
Happy Birthday Dark Chocolate Cake with Pino Noir Buttercream Frosting:
Link to cake recipe: https://sortedfood.com/recipe/epicchoccake
The cake recipe was great! Rather than the chocolate frosting, however, we made ours pino noir flavored. Make the buttercream frosting like normal, and do not add the cocoa powder. Instead, add your wine to taste.